Friday, February 17, 2012

17 Weeks!!


How far along: 17 Weeks, plus a few days
We have a Sweet Potato! About 5.5 inches 5 ounces

What I've Learned from What to Expect: LB's can now yawn. How cute will that be to see on an ultrasound?!

Total weight gain/loss: Still the Same

Maternity clothes: Yep and LOVE them!

Stretch marks: This is tricky...I noticed some of those little pesky marks on my side by my waist...but I know I already had some from long long time ago on my upper legs. So I don't know if these are newbies or ones I've never noticed before.  But I will say I did a close check, so next time I will know if they are new ones...hopefully not too many though.

Sleep: Sleep is good when I'm asleep.  My nightly trips to the little girls room kinda disrupts it though.  Mike is a sawing-logs-snoring-machine (sometimes). Well I normally don't hear him, but once I'm awake, it's hard for me to get back to sleep with him snoring. Sometimes I use earplugs and sometimes I just shake him over and over til he shuts-up.
I'm still waking up on my back, which gets me nervous---apparently sleeping on your back can cause lack of oxygen to the baby---but good news is, I've had several friends let me know that my body will defiantly let me know when not to sleep on my back.

Best moment this week: Doesn't necessarily directly relate to LB, but I had today (Friday) off after having Jury Duty this past week.  So I got to google, search, and pinterest baby things...Oh, mom and I did go piddling yesterday and I got LB a sweet super soft Orange Blanket!

Miss Anything: Nothing comes to mind right now...I think I will always miss just getting to have a glass of wine for dinner though.

Movement: No, Darnet! :( I'm hoping soon though!! I might pee my pants when it finally does happen though, I'm so looking forward to that!
Food cravings: Really wanted Coney Island this week and probably just fruits still.

Anything making you queasy or sick: During Jury Duty, Tulsa County brought in some really funky smells that I had to try to avoid...can't pinpoint what it was, but it was weird! 

Have you started to show yet: Absolutely!  Some people are so funny, I know they aren't being rude intentionally, but they will say things like, I mentioned I was a little over 4 months and some comments were, "Oh your already bigger than my daughters who are 7 and 3.5 months." Gee, thanks lady, way to make a pregger girl feel fat!  No, I really don't feel fat!

Gender prediction: Nope, but I did have a Girl Dream this week...Here goes...(you know it's hard to explain dreams, so I will do my best without dragging it on and on) The dream was we had a little girl and brought her home. We put her to bed and for whatever reason, she didn't like the bumpers on the bed---yes I will be the mom along with 1000's others that will be chastised for using those awful baby bumpers---so Mike and I had to take the bumpers off. In order to do this we had to disassemble the entire crib to take those awful bumpers off. When we went to put the crib back together, when we were finish, we had about 2-3 extra parts left, and they looked like really important parts that should be on the crib somewhere, but we didn't seem to care and put Little Bit Girl back to bed and then I woke up. 
So, I've now had a boy dream and a girl dream, the heart beat has been 175 and 140, can't seem to eat meats but love my chocolate milk...all which seem to be opposite of what the old wives tales will tell ya about gender prediction. Oh well. I did ask my friend if I could come visit her this weekend to see if she can tell us what we are having a bit earlier than when we go back to the doctor.
Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out: Still an Innie.

Pregnancy Symptom: Boobs still getting bigger. Niagara's still fallin. I feel I can smell anything! Back Pain. My nails are growing like crazy!!  And I've haven't bit them since I found out I was pregnant, go me!

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, feeling great! And Lots of Energy!

Looking forward to: Feeling LB move, Finding out for sure what LB is, planning the nursery, hearing the heartbeat, and Remi getting to play with a new baby!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!  Happy Friday!

No comments: