Saturday, October 2, 2010

Project 365 September 28-October 2

Day 95 - The Service Flag - Honoring Casey and all of US Military
Casey left Wednesday, September 29th for Afghanistan.  He left from Japan with around 200 others and are meeting up somewhere along the way with I don't know how many from Hawaii.  He is still in route, but thinks they are almost there, to Camp Leatherneck.  I think this is where he will be for the 7 (hopefully not more like I originally thought!) months he is there.  He will probably move around from area to area fixing/installing generators/doing whatever the heck they tell him to do.
This is the Service Flag. The Service flag is an official banner authorized by the Department of Defense for display by families who have members serving in the Armed Forces during any period of war or hostilities the United States may be engaged in for the duration of such hostilities. The blue star represents a family member serving in the Armed Forces and signifies hope and pride.
I have had this flag hanging in my window since Casey graduated from the USMC Boot Camp.  While is it
appropriate for family members to display at those times, when he left it just meant a little more to me.  Thank you Casey for all you are doing, I am so proud of you and love you so much! I am so much looking forward to your homecoming!
Please continue to pray for Casey and all of our US military and their families.
                       
                       
If you are interested in sending letters or care packages to Casey and his unit, let me know.  Mom has already sent a couple of things and I am send a package this week.  Casey did say that when sending things to send for about 15 others...he said these men probably won't get anything while they are there.  We didn't ask questions on why he thinks that, but it absolutely broke my heart that these brave and selfless men may not have anyone to support them. 

Day 93 - Silhouette
This was taken at the wedding I went to a week or so ago.  I was hoping that I got the sunset, but by the time, I thought out it, the sun was too far down.  But I like it anyway.
                       

Day 92 - Making Something Small Look Big
These are teeninsie Violas that we planted last weekend.  They are so cute! I also did pansies in the flower bed.

Day 91 - Partly Sunny Today
Not really, it was sunny and beautiful, but my picture is part of something today.  By the way, I am loving this fall weather!  It's just fantastic! 

Day 90 - Everyday Item
I use this EVERYDAY!  My phone charger.  Tried to put a little creativity into the commonly used item today. And yes, those are little Nellie bites. Crazy Cat!



Day 89 - Fall is Here!
Well it actually got her the 22nd, but boy oh boy the weather is Awesome.  This is a wreath that our realtor gave us when we moved it two years ago. Mike had to remind me it was two and not one!  Where does the time go?!


1 comment:

jhester said...

Great photos, Kelly!

On another note-- I always sent extra items with Adam's packages. While he was gone, I found a cookie recipe that stood up to the mailing time and temperatures over there-- he told me that they tasted fresh when he got them! Let me know if you want the recipe-- it makes a lot of cookies!