Wednesday, March 28, 2012

23 Weeks


How far along: 23 Weeks and a couple days!!
We have an Ear of Corn this week, about 8.5 inches and 1.5 pounds!

So, I missed last weeks update, so I will try to include this from both weeks, but my wonderful preggo brain may not let me remember all the wonderful things.

What I've Learned from What to Expect: We can probably now be able to hear her heartbeat with a stethoscope!! Where do you get one of those, because her little thud-thud, thud-thud is music to my ears! She's developed blood vessel under her skin now, which last week they say she had a very red tint to her. Her little face is almost fully formed, but she's still transparent until she gets a little more fat on her bones. And she's is hearing all kinds of noises now and they said at 30 weeks she will be able to recognize and remember those noises, so once she's born she will recognize mommy and daddy's voice!

Total weight gain/loss: Last week  I had gained 1.5 lbs and this week I am still the same, so total is 1.5 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Yep, My good friend Jen donated her old maternity clothes to me and I've started wearing some of those and Amy told me she had some that she was gonna donate to me...I love it, it's like Christmas all the time!  I did go to Marshall's and got a couple of new shirts, they are maternity, but I just got a size bigger than normal for it fit around the belly and they are stretchy too. The shirt in the pic is a normal shirt.

Stretch marks: No new ones.

Sleep: Ugg! When I'm sleeping it still good, but I am getting up more frequently in the night to potty. Rolling out of bed (litterly) is exhausting, and I still will get the shortness of breath around bed time.  I'm staying up late still, I don't want too, it just happens, and with the time change (which I love!!) it's even harder for me because I feel I have more time than I really do. Also, I'm staying up reading WAY to late!! Dang Hunger Game series! :) I still sometimes find myself waking up on my back, which is now not comfortable, I have to start on my right side and then before I fall asleep, I have to move to my left side. I think I usually stay on my left for the rest of the night even when I come back from the little girls room.

Oh and I'm starting to get hungry in the middle of the night, great!

Best moment this week: LOTS!!

Okay, I mentioned the Anatomy Scan we had a couple of weeks ago...got the results back and everything came back clear and good!  So that was a wonderful blessing.

Realizing I was feeling her move!!

Registering!!---Although I wouldn't necessarily considerate a best moment in the moment!  Hormones have kicked in!! Mike might tell ya they did that a long time ago, but I truly feel in the last 2 weeks, I've been an emotional basket case at times. I worried it will just get worse.  But while we registered, I cried twice in the store and then boohooed when we got to the car. I was angry with Mike and he did absolutely nothing wrong. We can laugh about this now, but I was crazy in the store...Mike will say we (all women) are crazy, but he thinks I'm the least crazy thats why he picked me :)

But we did eventually get registered and Amy went back with me to help me get everything that Mike and I left off. We are dumb first-timers and had no clue what we were doing. The store staff asked several times if we needed help, we always said we were fine, but really had no clue.

I still read books to her in her room, Nellie and Remi usually join us too.
Getting some Showers scheduled!  I'm so excited!  The Grandma's are hosting one for us April 21st with our family and I have some friends that are hosting another one in June for our friends. We are truly blessed by our loved ones and this little girl is going to be so sticking spoiled!
Miss Anything: Still a Dr. Pepper...weird! Sometimes a Mountain Dew, Red Wine....who am I kidding, any wine :) and sleeping on my back!

Movement: YES!!! YIPPEE!!  In fact, I have been feeling her and just didn't realize it!  I missed the whole butterfly's feeling. It really just feels like when Mike pokes me, only coming from the inside! I thought this whole time it was just my stomach doing funny things. In fact, I'm feeling her right now. Love it, now I'm looking forward to when Mike will be able to feel her!
Food cravings: Nothing that I can really think of these past two weeks, but I'm sure there was something...
Anything making you queasy or sick: I watched this awful video of this CRAZY CRAZY stupid woman and CRAZY CRAZY Stupid parents doing "Baby Swinging" it was traumatizing!! This idiot thinks it's okay to just swing the baby literally ALL around by one arm, a leg, doing flips, sending the babe through her legs and that's okay!!  And these idiots allow her to do that with their own children...they are russian...oh and I saw a huge cock-roach in the bathroom at work...really made me to the wiggles!

Have you started to show yet: Yes, and I'm gonna take this question out next week and maybe add a  new one.
Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out: Innie, but looking kinda flat from the inside...

Pregnancy Symptom: Boobs are huge, but Mike said they hadn't gotten bigger in the last week or so. Lots of Back Pain. My nails are growing like crazy!! Legs are cramping. Wanting to nest. Peeing all the time! Difficulty breathing sometimes. Pregnancy Brain has started to TAKE OVER!! It's awful, I am forgetting things all the time!! Emotional Basketcase!

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy, then the hormones come on and Jenny McCarthy has a fabulous chapter in her "Belly Laughs" book---'Psycho Chick' that describes it perfectly! By the way, if you haven't read the book, pregger or not , it's hystarical! I haven't read all of it yet, but it is super easy to read, chapters are only about 3-4 pages!

Looking forward to: Feeling LB move more! Going to Showers. Thinking of names---we have a short list, but nothing definite. Mike being able to feel her move. and Going to the doctor tomorrow, hopefully we will get to see her again!

Well there ya have it! I can't believe we only have 16 weeks left!! So crazy. I'm so excited to meet her! But I'm not saying I want her to come early ;)

No comments: