Friday, December 24, 2010

Million Dollar Fudge!!



Merry Merry Christmas Eve!
I really love this time of year, not only because I get to be with family and friends and celebrate the birth of Jesus...but I love getting to eat all the goodies too.  One of my personal favorites is my Granny Mackie's Million Dollar Fudge!  This recipe has been around FOREVER!!  This is the only fudge that my family makes.  Granny Mackie is my great-grandma.  I asked my Granny if it was her recipe or if Granny Mackie found it somewhere.  Granny said that it is from Public Service over 50 years ago.

So, I've made 2 batches in the past WEEK!  We had a Christmas Party at work last Friday, so I made it for everyone.  Then a co-worker said we doing snacky things on Wednesday, so I made it again and had enough that we will have some for Christmas Dinner. Everyone loved it! Because it is the best, of course!

Here are some pictures of the Million Dollar Fudge...

Here's what ya need:
Cups of Sugar                           Hershey's Chocolate Bar                         Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts)
Evaporated Milk                       Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Butter                                       Marshmallow Cream



Combine the Sugar, Evaporated Milk, and Butter till it starts to Boil, then boil for ONLY 5 minutes!! Be sure you have a big enough pot, it will overflow, like mine did!
 Keep stirring the mixture while boiling.

Then combine the rest of the ingredients in a LARGE pot... 

Don't worry about the mess, you can clean it later.

The Yummy Marshmallow Cream...Mmmm 
 Then after your mixture has boiled for 5 minutes, pour it over the yummy goodness of chocolate, nuts, and marshmallow cream.
AND STIR LIKE CRAZY!  Your arm should be tired and you should not use a plastic spoon...I forgot and broke mine! 

 Then once it's all mixed and melted together, pour into a butter greased jelly pan. 
Be sure to lick the bowl clean...I mean refrigerate the pan until it's cooled and then cut and put in cute Christmas tins to serve!

Make sure you only boil the mixture for 5 minutes....It will still turn out fine...at least that's what the work people said, but I let mine go too long the first time and it was SUPER SUPER thick and not as creamy as it should've been.  But co-workers said the second batch, that I paid more attention on (Because I was taking pictures), was even better.

Enjoy!

Million Dollar Fudge (made by Granny Mackie for SO many years!)
4.5 cups of Sugar
1 12 oz. Can of Evaporated Milk
1 Stick of Butter
12 oz Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar-broken pieces
3 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 pint (10 oz Jar) Marshmallow Cream
4 cups of chopped nuts-pecan, walnuts...

Combine sugar, milk, butter in saucepan. Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes. Place chocolate chips, bar, cream, and nuts in large mixing bowl.  Add hot syrup. Stir until well mixed.  Pour into greased 15x10x1 jelly roll pan. Refrigerate. Enjoy!

What are some of y'alls favorite Christmas treats?

Thankfully I got to take the day off today, so need to get my bootie in gear...Some things I need to check off my list today...

I am in the midst of making Deviled Eggs for Christmas Eve Dinner tonight at my aunts house. 
Make Breakfast Casserole and in the fridge before we leave. 
Put up my mountains of laundry that have literally been sitting in baskets for weeks...maybe months...it drive Mike nuts, but thankfully he loves me anyway!
Do any other laundry that needs to be done.
Project 365 update.
I want to take Remi to get a bath, but may not, because she will go over to see her friends when we leave for dinner and they stink even worse than she does...so she may just get a fabric softener bath tonight.
After dinner Mike and I will go to the 11:00 candle-light service.
Then pick up Rick and Mel, since they are staying with us this weekend!  So excited!

Merry Christmas All!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You should definitely apply for a job at a recipe book company! Yummy, yummy pics!!!