Tuesday, May 8, 2012

29 Weeks!

Please excuse the dirty mirror spots!
 
 
How far along: 29 Weeks!!
We have a Butternut Squash, about 17 inches and 3.1 pounds.
What I've Learned from What to Expect: Her brain is forming the little grooves in it now, which increases the amount of brain tissue, Bone Marrow has taken over Red Blood Cell production
 
Total weight gain/loss: 7 pounds

Stretch marks: No new ones,
 
Sleep: Doing good, I'm getting to sleep longer and deeper it seems. So thankful for that too!  I even came home Saturday from gymnastics and soccer and took a nap!!  I think that may be the second time, I've done that. It felt amazing.  It's also nice because I will wake up and then fall asleep and I feel I've been asleep forever. So Yay for now!

Best moments this week: Feeling her get stonger and stonger with her movements. Napping. Mike being able to see her move from across the room in my belly! Going to the Bedlam baseball game and Little Bit doing the Fight Song after the Cowboys won! 

Miss Anything: This past week, I've really missed a great glass or two of wine for destressing, sneezing again.

Movement: Holy Moly Yes! She is all over the place, high, low, right, left, middle. Yesterday, she really liked the watermelon I had and I had a long slow wave across my entire belly...I figured it was here, mom mentioned it could be another contraction...I'll ask my doctor on Thursday.

Food cravings: Sweets, Fruits...
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing comes to mind...

Labor Signs: A few more Braxton-Hicks contractions...

Belly Button in or out: Innie, but stretching like crazy...This is random...did anyone's belly button ever get tender like if you bumped into something...Mine is...another question for Doc.

Most Ridiculous thing I've Cried about or gotten Upset about: Mike, I felt, made a rude comment to me, which he was trying to be funny and just playing around...I wasn't wanting to play around and he kept going, so I'm pretty sure I yelled at him, cried, and didn't talk to him for a while.
 
Update on the Gestational Diabetes...
I was so irritated with all this late last week.  I had been waiting for the Diabetes Educator to call me to set up an appointment, well they hadn't by Thursday, so I called my doctors office seeing what the deal was..."Oh, the person that makes the referrals had been off for two days, she just faxed over your orders." Really?! "they will give you a call today or tomorrow" LIARS!  I knew they would call on Thursday so I waited til Friday. 

Just like most everyone else on Friday people want to leave work early, so I still hadn't heard anything, so I called my Doc's office around 2pm...guess what...they all go home at noon on Fridays!! So I was transferred to the answering service, and I'm sure I sound pretty darn rude, but I couldn't believe that I couldn't get any information. I ask the answering service, "well do you know where they would refer me for gestational diabetes?" She did give the diabetes number for Hillcrest.

So I called them, and talked to sweet Melba...I told her this was really random, told her my story and then asked if there was any way I had been referred to them by my doctor. She sounded concerned, and told me she'd already been through her calls for the day. I was on hold for a bit and she came back on and told me yes I had been referred, but I wasn't in the system yet, but she could go ahead and pencil me in for a class if I'd like...YES MA'AM!!  Sweet Melba made my day and made me fell so much better and just gave me a little peace of mind. So, I go tomorrow, for my Diabetes class. I hope to get more understanding, answers, and to find out, how bad/not bad I have this.

I have tried to make healthier choices in eating, but I'm not real good at it...I also went walking today, which, exercise is suppose to be good too. So, hopefully this will be an easy bump in my pregnancy road.
Pregnancy Symptom:  TONS of Back Pain, to the point I want to cry at times, Mike gave me a fabulous back rub last night that felt so amazing...but as soon as he stopped, I could feel the aches again :( My nails are growing like crazy!! Legs are cramping. Wanting to nest and love it!! Peeing all the time! Difficulty breathing sometimes. Pregnancy Brain. I forget crap all the time!! Emotional. I had some mean 'cankles' late last week into the weekend. But with my great nap and resting, putting my feet up, I have my normal ankles back again...for now. Feeling more tired.

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: LABILE! Happy, Sad, Moody, Happy, Tired

Looking forward to: Picking out a name!! Her moving, going to the Doc Thursday, Diabetes Education,


And this is Gina, my Pi Phi Little, at her baby shower, we are 6 days apart!  I am so excited to share this time with her. I just love this picture!

No comments: