Thursday, May 3, 2012

28 Weeks!!

How far along: 28 Weeks!!  Less than 12 weeks to go!  Wow!

We have a small cabbage, about 17 inches and 2.9 pounds...I can't believe how long she (could possibly be) is! I can't imagine how she may feel, I didn't think I had 17 inches in my short little area!

What I've Learned from What to Expect: She's obviously moving around now, her permanent teeth buds have formed, and she should be smoothing out by more wrinkles.
Total weight gain/loss: Still 6 pounds this week.

Stretch marks: No new ones, but I feel my skin stretching!  and it's itchier than before, so I've been trying to keep Belly Lotion with me all the time.
Sleep: Doing good, I'm getting to sleep longer and deeper it seems. So thankful for that too!  There is usually at least one to two nights though, that I have either eaten too much or too late and can't get comfortable for a long time.

Best moments this week: Seeing and feeling her move in by belly from the outside, I love it!! and Mike getting to feel her more and more. Mike tried to listen for her heart beat through my belly, he thinks he may have heard it at first, but then wasn't sure.  I've been meaning to get one of the stethoscope things. Seeing Mike more and more excited about Little Bit. He's gonna be such a great and fun daddy!

I'm sure there are more, but Preggo Brain is getting worse and worse!

Miss Anything: Well, this  is a whole new thing...I feel like I am going to miss a lot...more to come...

Movement: Holy Moly Yes! She is all over the place, high, low, right, left, middle. We can also see her move... usually about 20-30 minutes after I eat, she is a dancing machine!

Food cravings: Sweets
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing comes to mind...
Labor Signs: A few more Braxton-Hicks contractions...I had Mike feel one the other night, and he thought it was really weird feeling...couldn't believe how hard it was.
Belly Button in or out: Innie, but stretching like crazy...

Most Ridiculous thing I've Cried about or gotten Upset about: I think I've been good with the random crying spurts this week...nothing comes to mind...for ridiculousnous anyway :)

Okay so remember this from last week....
Oh and this isn't ridiculous, but I cried about failing my Glucose Test yesterday. Now I have to go back for the three hour test on Friday. I'm really hoping I failed because 1.) I had no clue I would be doing it at my appointment, 2.) So I had 2 oranges and chocolate milk right before my appointment, and 3.) I didn't have a great dinner the night before consisting of artichoke dip, pineapple, cantaloupe, carrots, and left over yummilicious shower cake. So I will be racking up on the protein the next couple of days and hopefully everything will turn out just fine. Either way, it will be fine, but I will feel more fine if I pass the test.
They are gonna be really mean to me because for this test, I have to fast (besides water) after midnight and then I go drink that awful drink in the morning and then they will test every hour for three hours afterwards and I will won't be able to eat anything!! They are starving pregnant women!! I really hope I don't pass out or puke, when I drank it on Tuesday, I got all jittery, felt like I was on speed or something.

Well, with Great Things, there are also Not-So-Great-Things too. I went to take my 3-hour fasting glucose test on Friday. It was nice because I got to take the whole day off, but it didn't really feel like a day off. Mom made me a steak the night before--thanks for that it was awesome! and I started fasting at midnight. I could still have water, thank you Jesus! At the doc by 8 and the tested my initial blood sugar level. Then I had that awful drink!  This time it was Fruit Punch, which if I had to choose between that and the Orange one, I liked the Fruit Punch one better. Then the boring set it. They make you sit there for 3 hours and each hour they draw more blood to test. It was so boring!  I did get some thank you cards done, read several magazines, tried to move around a lot, mom went to 'feed the birds' a few times and finally I was finished, starving, and starting to feel really really weird.

Moving forward a couple of days, I thought I would get the results on Monday, but didn't...I'm thinking good news, Tuesday came around and I called the office to see and they said they'd be getting back with me that day. So sweet DeeDee calls me and I'm really excited, b/c I'm thinking all good...well, I've failed again!!!

I.  Was.  Devastated.
They said a diabetes educator would call me to discuss it all and she gave me my numbers...
73/205/170/148 and they want you under 95/180/155/ I failed all but me the numbers don't mean much right now, they 'look' not awful...but I feel I just kept trying to sugar coat everything.

So here I am with Gestational Diabetes. Since I was at work when I found out, I couldn't really process it all out, I had groups, notes, assessments, paperwork, shit to get done. On my way home I talked to Julie, cried then, talked to Mike, cried then and when I got home, talked to my dad and cried then. Mike then got home and I cried some more. Lots of tears that day.  A lot of it was because I had no clue what to do now, I know nothing about diabetes, don't know anyone that has ever had gestational diabetes-so I could just call them up and ask all the questions-, and then had the feeling I was hurting our little girl---Worst. Feeling. Ever. as a mommy!

So I tried to read up on stuff, heard from a few friends, and seemed to find out that there really wasn't anything I could do about it, but I can make some changes-eating differently--which is going to be a challenge, not because I crave certain foods or am hooked on bad ones, just figuring out what is the better choice--and exercise-and hopefully be able to manage it and be just fine and Little Bit will be just fine.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Diabetes Educator--which was also ticking me off...if it's a big deal, why have they not called to make sure I'm not eating ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?! So I called the office again today, they said, the person that makes the referrals had be out for two days, so they immediately faxed over my orders and said they should call today or tomorrow...still haven't heard from them praying for tomorrow. If not, I'll call again to get their number. I'm not even sure what to expect when they call. But good thing is, is now I've had a couple of days to figure out some questions to ask.

So there's my novel of Gestational Diabetes, hopefully next week, I will be able to share more about it and have a better understanding.

And, these are flowers from my loving husband, letting me know everything is going to be okay and to cheer me up. Completely made my day! and today too! I love coming home to flowers!

Pregnancy Symptom: Boobs are big, but I don't notice them any bigger, but I think my chest is getting bigger...sometimes I feel my bra is slicing me in half. TONS of Back Pain, to the point I want to cry at times. My nails are growing like crazy!! Legs are cramping. Wanting to nest and love it!! Peeing all the time! Difficulty breathing sometimes. Pregnancy Brain. I forget crap all the time!! Emotional. I notice my feet swelling occasionally, they do go back to normal after I take it easy. Feeling more tired.
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: LABILE! Happy, Sad, Moody, Happy...mostly happy...I think :)
Looking forward to: Picking out a name!! We have two-three we like. Starting to see my doctor every two weeks now. Continuing to feel her move.

No comments: