Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Groundhog was Right!

Let's just hope it's not a fluke! As many of you know, on February 2nd,  Phil came out and did not see his shadow and declared that there would be an early spring!  Praise Jesus!  I for one, completely forgot all about Groundhog Day and Phil because we were in the middle of Record Breaking Snow Storms in Oklahoma.  I am starting to feel the Spring make it's way in.  Today was absolutely beautiful and I'm so sad I had to work inside ALL day long!  But I did pull out the capri's!  I was so pumped to be able to wear my capri's to work today and I was so happy all day. 
It's hard to imagine just in the last 2 weeks, we had over 25 inches of snow (over 40 inches in some areas of the state!!!), hanging out in my long john's, having to get all bundled up with lots-o-layers, spending hours choveling snow, and an 85* temperature change!!  Over 100* change in Nowata... I think...the temp there was  -31 at one point!!!  FRA-FREAKING-FREEZING!!  But today it got up to 70* and was wonderfully beautiful!

And what a great way to spend such a splendid evening...With Mike's Grandma.  Today is her birthday and we (Mike, me, and Joanna-Mike's sister) took her out to Zio's for her birthday dinner.  Then we headed back to her place for cake and chocolate ice cream....mmm mmm good!  Mike and Joanna enjoyed the helium balloons and I thoroughly enjoyed that!  Happy Birthday Grandma Doris!!

A little belated...Happy Love Day!
Hope everyone shared some love with someone on Monday....I shared the day with my kiddos at work, we made valentines and played some Valingo!  (Valentine's Day Bingo) and talked about how we can show our love to others.  Then I got to go to the dentist and had a superb check-up.  I love going to the dentist!

Mike and I don't make a big deal outta Valentine's Day, but we had fun making dinner...a heart-shaped steak...yes that was the only steaks that Reasor's had and yes I took a picture of it, and yes Mike made fun of me for taking a picture of it.  So we enjoyed our heart-shaped steaks with green beans and a baked potato.  I also made dessert...Chocolate Crepes or as Mike liked calling it Chocolate Crepe Myrtle. My husband is a dork and I love him so much for it! I also love that Mike insisted that we have dessert first!  So after dessert, then dinner, we watched the wonderfully romantic movie....Step-Brothers!  I love that movie, I laughed so hard the first time I watched it and it's still so darn funny to me.  We had a wonderful evening. 

Hope y'all had a great weekend, Happy Love Day, and a Happy Hump Day!  So glad Friday is almost here!

Share the love, every day, not just on Love Day!


Wee Bit Wednesday






{one} what is your favorite breakfast food?
Breakfast is my FAVORITE!!  Biscuits and Gravy!!

{two} how many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Own...probably 14-15 (which include multiple pairs of flip-flops)
Wear...4-tennis shoes, flip flops, Merrell Clogs (Perfect for work!), and a pair of flats that I keep at work.

{three} city or country?
I'm a wanna be Country Girl that lives in the City...

{four} what is your favorite part of your job?
The Kiddos and getting a sweet letter or picture from them that tells me Therapeutic Recreation has helped them in some way...and the sweet youngsters that say the darndest things...today, we were focusing on self-control, because my 3, 4, and 7 year old just have zippo self-control...one little boy who didn't follow any directions, but did admit that is what he needed to control better was being redirected for the gazillionth time, so I asked him what it was that he said he needed to control better and he looked at me and said..."oh, following directions...I think I might just start that tomorrow morning." 4 year old.  Love it!

{five} what is your favorite junk food to snack on?
chips and dip or ice cream

{six} have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper?
Now that I think about it...3 times...in high school for a Cheerleading Championship, and being athlete of the month/week and in college, because I got a scholarship...

{seven} do you use post-it notes?
YES! i love post-its! Who doesn't!!  But I can't bring myself to buy myself the way cute ones like the suns and flowers.

{eight} do you have freckles?
don't see any....

{nine} is it okay for men to wear pink?
sure

{ten} when was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
December, I wrote a few thank you notes and a letter to my brother who is a Marine, currently serving in Afghanistan...scheduled to come home not soon enough!  June-ish we think!!

No comments: