Friday, June 1, 2012

Babymoon!

Our Babymoon!
and 5 Year Anniversary Celebration!

Mike and I had talked about going somewhere to just get away for a weekend a long time ago...our schedules make it hard for us to take time just for us...which is something we need to do more of, especially with LB on her way.  We are so excited for Little Bit to be here, but we still want to make sure that we have our time together. So anyway, we hadn't really done much and then it was like, 'oh, we need to get on this if we want to do something'. I wasn't really sure how far I could at this point in my pregnancy. We wanted it to be driving distance, so we didn't have the airlines fees.  Welp, we got so darn lucky!!
Living Social had one of their great escapes to Lake of the Ozarks, The Lodge at Four Seasons. Neither one of us had been, so we did some research and then got a little concerned...the place had some bad reviews.  I typically don't read reviews, mainly because I know my brain thinks differently than other people's brains...Mike makes fun of me for this too :) But, it did kinda have me upset about this maybe not being for us.  Well, I was so set on doing something and with the deal Living Social was offering, we decided to go and make our own judgements.
Thank goodness we did!! We LOVED it!! We hope to go back and hopefully go with friends too...and kids...it was kid friendly but not so that it was overwhelming by kiddos.
Our deal was two nights, breakfast included each morning, and a $100 resort credit. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised that our two nights were in a Suite! It had it's own full kitchen and living room!! Not that Mike and I really used the kitchen and we could have easily watched the Thunder kick butt in the room. But it was nice to have the living room to hang out in when we were there. It was so nice!
Breakfast was good, a nice buffet with biscuits and gravy, eggs, fruits, sausage, the norm pretty much. We ate at their restaurant HK's, which I have to admit, I originally thought Hell's Kitchen, but it wasn't that. But it was great, we both had the filet and it was one of the better steaks I've had! All the staff throughout the resort were very friendly and helpful.
Mike got to play golf twice at The Cove and The Ridge. He really liked The Cove, I was going to ride along one time with him, but his tee time was at 7 something, and I instead rested. I went to Spa Shiki for an amazing Mommy-to-Be Massage! It was much needed and so heavenly!  I wish we could afford to go back every weekend for one! I hung out at the pool and met a new friend. We talked babies and it was lots of fun.
So, again, why I don't really read reviews...I don't understand how some could give the bad reviews...People do have to understand it is a lodge, on the lake...if you wanted the Ritz, go to the Ritz. We couldn't have been happier for our last little get away before LB gets here. I hope we get to take her in the future and she can enjoy all the fun stuff too!
So here are some pictures I took...I am a little disappointed that I didn't take more and didn't get one with Mike...I know he hates pictures, so I try not to nag about them, but that's gonna have to change pronto! :)

Here's our bathroom...with a fabulous shower by the way! HUGE! And I love the robe!

 The tub

Vanity

 Bedroom with balcony. King size bed, we are now super spoiled with our iComfort AMAZING bed at home, so it wasn't as comfortable as I'm now use too. I do think that if I could sleep on my back it would have been fine though.

 Full Kitchen  

With a Breakfast Nook, I think is what you'd call that...

Living Room with beautiful view of the woods and lake

Our celebration cookies from Cookiedoodle!!


Out and About... 

Love these tree flowers 

 Hanging out at the pool!  Loving life!

We loved our stay at The Lodge and definitely recommend it to others!! 

No comments: